How to Make a Bequest
Every gift is unique to the donor. An education bequest can take many different forms:
- The residue of your estate – The remainder of your estate after specific gifts have been disbursed.
- A percentage – A percentage of either the residue of your estate or a percentage of your entire estate.
- A pecuniary gift – A specific gift or cash.
- An asset – Real estate, shares, bonds or other articles of value.
- An alternative or conditional bequest – In the unlikely event that your beneficiaries do not survive you, you may wish to leave your estate to MLC.
Making a bequest through the MLC Foundation is simple. You can include a bequest when you write your Will or add a codicil to your existing Will later. In either case, the Foundation recommends that you seek your own legal advice and inform your family of your wishes.