Discover Your Career
Our staff play a key role in Methodist Ladies' College success, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top professionals. We employ more than 250 ongoing staff, both full and part-time, plus an additional 150 relief and casual staff.
MLC promotes professional and personal development for our staff, providing quality best practice courses and programmes. We also foster a collegial environment in which all staff can thrive.
We encourage people who are driven and enthusiastic about their field of expertise and will actively participate in our College community.
Methodist Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
If you are interested in relief opportunities, please send an expression of interest, together with your CV or Resume, to email@example.com.
If you are interested in being considered for employment opportunities in our Early Learning Centre, please send an expression of interest, together with your CV or Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek applications from motivated and resilient professionals for the following vacancies:
Teacher of Humanities and Social Sciences
Full-Time (1.0 FTE), 12-Months Fixed Term
Commencing Term 3 2019 (with the possibility of an earlier Term 2 commencement to be confirmed)
We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced teacher of Humanities and Social Sciences for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month fixed term position commencing Term 3 2019, covering parental leave for an existing staff member.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Considerable evidence of progress towards achieving Highly Accomplished teacher status, in accordance with the AITSL standards;
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in Year 11 Economics essential;
- Highly developed analytical and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build excellent relationships with staff, students, parents, general public and professional networks;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to work collaboratively as a team member and independently; and
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
MLC is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and College community. Employees are required to satisfy the College that they are conversant and compliant with the relevant College policies and guidelines relating to Child Safety and Protection.
View the Teacher Success Profile.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please include the following in your application:
- An Employment Application Cover Sheet, link located above;
- A covering letter addressing your suitability for the role based on the skills, knowledge and experience requirements outlined in the ad and role description (Maximum of 2 pages);
- Your current CV;
- Copies of your relevant qualifications and registrations;
- Photographic proof of identity (Australian driver's license, Australian passport, International travel document or Proof of Age Card) as well as evidence of the right to work in Australia (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or Australian visa); and
- The contact details of three professional referees, including your most recent line manager/s.
Applications should be forwarded via email to. For further information regarding this position contact Human Resources on +61 (08) 9383 0226.
Applications close at 9am on Thursday 28 March 2019
The College reserves the right to appoint at any stage throughout the process.