Discover Your Career
Our staff play a key role in Methodist Ladies' College success, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top professionals. We employ more than 250 ongoing staff, both full and part-time, plus an additional 150 relief and casual staff.
MLC promotes professional and personal development for our staff, providing quality best practice courses and programmes. We also foster a collegial environment in which all staff can thrive.
We encourage people who are driven and enthusiastic about their field of expertise and will actively participate in our College community.
Methodist Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
If you are interested in relief opportunities, please send an expression of interest, together with your CV or Resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being considered for employment opportunities in our Early Learning Centre, please send an expression of interest, together with your CV or Resume to email@example.com.
We seek applications from motivated and resilient professionals for the following vacancies:
Boarding House Assistant
Part-Time (0.46 FTE), Fixed Term
Commencing January 2019
We are currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual for a part-time (0.46 FTE), fixed term position as a Boarding House Assistant, with the possibility of extension. This position currently entails Thursday and Friday evening shifts, with sleepovers, and Friday and Saturday morning crossovers.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant previous experience in a similar residential school environment (desirable);
- An understanding of the physical, intellectual and emotional needs of adolescents;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain positive, professional relationships with colleagues, students and parents;
- The ability and initiative to work collaboratively as a team member and independently;
- A commitment to model, promote and represent the College’s Vision, Mission and Values at all times;
- A current Senior First Aid certificate;
- A National Police Clearance Certificate (less than 12 months old); and
- A current Working with Children Check card.
MLC is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and College community. Employees will be required to satisfy the College that they are conversant and compliant with the relevant College policies and guidelines relating to Child Safety and Protection.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please include the following in your application:
- An Employment Application Cover Sheet, located on the 'Discover Your Career' page of our website at www.mlc.wa.edu.au.
- A covering letter addressing your suitability for the role based on the skills, knowledge and experience requirements outlined in the ad (maximum 1 page);
- A current CV or Resume;
- Copies of relevant qualifications or registrations;
- Photographic proof of identity (Australian driver's licence, Australian passport, International travel document or Proof of Age Card) as well as evidence of the right to work in Australia (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or Australian visa); and
- The contact details of two professional referees, including your most recent line manager/s.
Please note that the College will be closed over the Christmas/New Year break, from 20 December 2018. Email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond in the week commencing Monday 14 January 2019.
The College reserves the right to appoint at any time throughout the process.