We are a vibrant all-girls' boarding and day school that has been offering girl-centric education for more than a century.
We are a blend of cultures, ideas, innovation and imagination. We are a community that celebrates diversity and achievement, and promotes excellence in all areas of life.
Each and every MLC girl is special, and we celebrate her individual gifts and talents. She gives her best in all that she does, and grows to serve her community and beyond, as a leader on her chosen path in life.
Girls and boys can come to us from six months of age and start their learning adventure in our Early Learning Centre. Girls can continue their journey to Year 12 on our beautiful campus in the heart of Claremont.
Boarders from regional Australia and around the world join us from the age of 12, and live in our bespoke Boarding House, which overlooks the pristine Swan River.
Our school echoes with the excitement of discovery as our girls continue their wondrous learning adventure.
Purposeful Futures Begin at MLC
As we move towards 2025 we remain committed to:
Our Vision – An international leader of holistic learning and teaching.
Our Mission – Mentoring motivated learners to choose purposeful futures.
Our Values – Integrity, Mastery, Enterprise and Justice.
Our Inspiration and Motto - Per Ardua ad Alta; through striving to the heights
Towards 2025 is MLC's focused Strategic Plan for improvement. Its formation has been a collaborative process of reassessing our position and considering the College's next stage of development. Set over a century ago, the foundation principle and inspiration remains our College Motto – ; through striving to the heights. Implicit in our Motto is an unwavering commitment to improvement accompanying a healthy competitive spirit.
Towards 2025 has been shaped to:
- Reimagine MLC following its period of rejuvenation.
- Redefine the notion of learner, teacher and curriculum within the context of best practice research and preparedness for 2025 and beyond.
To achieve this, our new Vision, Mission and Values express Towards 2025's overarching principles. View our Strategic Plan.
Our Diversity Statement
As a school of the Uniting Church, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of who we are. We recall the Gospel mandate of unity in diversity - that they may all be one (John 17:21).
The College reflects the diverse community that is present in Western Australia and recognises our place globally.
Diversity is an essential element of Methodist Ladies’ College’s Vision, Mission, Values and commitment to educate young people in the twenty-first century.
Global connectedness requires us to listen, understand and openly communicate with all people.
Methodist Ladies’ College is a community committed to diversity across many dimensions, including gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, physical and learning ability, nationality,socioeconomic status, religion and political opinion.
Everyday we strive to encourage and celebrate thinking that reaches out in love, care, concern and mutual respect to underpin the key virtues of justice, acceptance, trust and compassion.
Actualising our pledge to embrace diversity is an ongoing and dynamic process that shapes learners before, during, and after their time at Methodist Ladies’ College.
Read our College Annual Reports below.
The Annual Report to the Synod, endorsed by the Uniting Church, aims to report on the advancements of the College.
- 2018 Educate Plus International Conference Highly Commended for Volunteer Leadership Award
- 2018 Educate Plus International Conference Highly Commended for Excellence in a Fundraising Event
- 2017 Adolescent Success Award for Exemplary Community Connections in Years 7-9
- 2016 Uniting Church Interfaith Award for our partnership with the Australian Islamic College
- 2016 National Mander Jones Award for publications in the field of archives and record keeping, What's In a Name
- 2016 Educate Plus International Conference Award for Excellence - Marketing and Communications Online, MLC website
- 2016 Educate Plus International Conference Volunteer Leadership Award
- 2016 Educate Plus International Conference Highly Commended for Excellence in an Alumni and/or Community Event category, Collegians' Long Table Luncheon
- 2015 WA Web Awards education category, MLC website
- 2014 Educate Plus International Conference Award for Excellence - Alumni or Community Publication, 100 Collegian Voices
At MLC, we are committed to managing our resources in a sustainable manner, educating our community about sustainable practices and minimising an adverse effect on the environment.
We aim to:
- reduce, reuse and recycle our resources as much as practical; and,
- share our environmentally sustainable practices within our community, and with our broader community, encouraging others to identify and implement sustainable practices.
To help facilitate these aims, the College has an active Sustainability Committee, comprising members from across the whole school representing students, parents, teachers, administration, maintenance, housekeeping, operations and boarding.
- Waste Wise Accreditation 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Waste Wise Infrastructure Grant 2016 and 2018
- Waste Wise Whole School and Community Grant 2016 and 2018
- Earth Carers Battery Recycling Participation 2016, 2017