MLC Foundation Community Scholarship
The MLC Foundation Community Scholarship (MLCFCS) is offered for the first time in 2021. Made possible by the MLC Foundation, with support from the College and by the great generosity of the MLC Community, this scholarship provides an opportunity for a girl to join the College whose financial circumstances would otherwise prevent her from receiving an MLC education. The vision is to award this scholarship annually.
MLC has a long tradition of supporting those who need financial help. This new scholarship is a natural progression of our established commitment and provides a tremendous opportunity to attend a school whose students consistently achieve outstanding outcomes.
This scholarship commences in Year 7, 2022 and offers 100 per cent remission from tuition fees and agreed on-costs for a day girl from Year 7 to Year 12.
The recipient of the scholarship will embrace and model the values of Methodist Ladies’ College, have a sound academic record, a commitment to community service learning and participation in co-curricular activities. The scholarship offers a life-changing opportunity for the recipient, her family, her community, and complements MLC’s ethos and commitment to creating social change and making a fairer future for girls.
In consultation with the recipient’s family, the name of the MLC Foundation Community Scholar may remain private.
Key timing for 2022 scholarship applicants
|Saturday 21 August||Applications open at 9.00am|
Friday 24 September
|Applications close at 11.59pm|
|W/C 27 September||Applicants short-listed and invited to interviews|
|W/C 11 October||Short-listed applicant interviews|
|Monday 18 October||Scholarship recipient announced|
|Term 1, 2022||Scholarship recipient commences at MLC|
Please ensure that all the complete applications and relevant supporting documents are received by Friday 24 September 2021. Late applications may not be considered.
If you have any queries or require assistance with this application, please contact us on 9383 8858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MLC Foundation Community Scholarship
MLC is a vibrant all-girls' boarding and day school that has been offering girl-centric education for more than a century. In 2022, the College celebrates its 115th anniversary.
We are a blend of cultures, ideas, innovation and imagination - a community that celebrates diversity and achievement and promotes excellence in all areas of life. Each and every MLC girl is special, and we celebrate her individual gifts and talents. She gives her best in all that she does, and grows to serve her community and beyond, as a leader on her chosen path in life.
MLC students achieved broadly, across all areas of our holistic programme, from core academic courses to co-curricular activities and service-learning opportunities. Such diverse experiences are the basis of a well-rounded education. We proudly celebrate all of our year 12 students and note those who achieve at the highest levels. In 2019 the College celebrated with our graduate who was awarded the Beazley medal – the State’s most prestigious academic award for excellence, and four of her MLC classmates who achieved the perfect ATAR score of 99.95. In 2020 the ATAR results of more than 50 per cent of our MLC Year 12 students were in the top 10 per cent in Australia and two of the five girls in the State to achieve a perfect ATAR score were MLC students.
A community of acknowledged and accomplished achievers, our school echoes with the excitement of discovery as our girls continue their wondrous learning adventure.
We invite you to explore our website and learn more about what makes MLC unique.
Are you a unique and curious thinker?
Does what happens in your community interest you?
Are you motivated to learn new things and explore new ideas?
Are you a ‘give it a go’ girl?
This is a life changing opportunity for a girl who is versatile and demonstrates wide ranging skills, interests and passions.
We seek to award this scholarship to a girl who is motivated to make the most of all that her MLC education offers, and we will make the world of educational opportunities available.
HOW TO APPLY
Important information for applicants
For completion please download the MLC Foundation Community Scholarship Package.
Please ensure that you have completed all the documents listed below, ready to upload to apply for this scholarship. Applications may be made by:
- Uploading all the completed documents and emailing to email@example.com; or
- Posting the documents to PO Box 222 CLAREMONT WA 6910; or
- Hand delivering the documents to: Methodist Ladies’ College, 356 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6010.
Late or incomplete applications may not be accepted, so please allow ample postage time.
There are two sets of documents that must be completed and provided in this application to be considered for the MLC Foundation Community Scholarship.
A. The Scholarship applicant’s documentation:
- The applicant’s Birth Certificate, or if born overseas, the applicant’s citizenship papers or permanent residency.
- A handwritten letter from the student applicant to the Principal which outlines why she would like to attend MLC and how she demonstrates College values in day to day life. This is a very important part of your application, and applicants are encouraged to consider their response carefully and write from the heart. The letter must be in the applicants own words, thoughts and handwriting and should be at least 250 words long.
- A report, video or voice recording from the student applicant introducing herself and sharing her passions, interests and aspirations. Videos or voice recording should not be longer that 90 seconds.
- Two letters of recommendation, with one letter preferably being from the school Principal
- The applicant’s two most recent school reports.
- The applicant’s NAPLAN results.
B. Parents/guardians/carers documents within the MLC Foundation Community Scholarship Package for completion and return with application:
- MLC Foundation Community Scholarship (MLCFCS) Application Form for 2022
- MLCFCS Financial Profile Form
- Statutory Declaration
The following important documents are for acceptance as part of this application: